One of the amenities that the Eden offers its owners and residents is the use of a guest suite for a nominal fee.
Procedures and Rules regarding use of the guest suite are listed below:
- The Guest Suite is available for use only by Owners and tenants in good standing with The Eden (Strata Plan BCS 522). All tenants must have a "Form K" executed and on file with the Strata Corporation before being permitted to book or make use of the Guest Suite.
- Use of the Guest Suite is at the user's own risk. Strata Plan BCS 522 accepts no responsibility for any actions, claims, demands, liabilities, loss, damage, injury or expense of any kind, which may result by reason of use of the facilities by any person.
- A rental rate of $50.00 per night is due prior to occupancy. The suite must be booked a minimum of 48 hours (2 night stay). A charge of $75.00 per night will be associated with those units who only book for one night (24 hours). A fee for routine cleaning is included in the rental rate. A $250.00 damage deposit (payable to Strata Plan BCS 522) is required prior to occupancy and will be refunded if the room and its contents are returned undamaged and tidy. Costs of any repairs and / or excessive cleaning will be deducted from the deposit and / or charged to the host suite's Strata Lot account, as necessary.
- Use of the Guest Suite is permitted for up to a maximum of three (3) consecutive nights per suite. Additional nights may be permitted, subject to availability. A weekly (7 day) rate of $300.00 is offered, subject to availability. The maximum number of occupants permitted to stay in the Guest Suite at one time is three (3).
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance through the Building Manager. In the event that a reservation is cancelled with less than seven days' notice, the rental fee shall be forfeited.
- During peak seasons in December and the summer months of July and August, half of the total rental amount must be provided to the Building Manager, in addition to the damage deposit. If the cancellation occurs less than ten (10) days in advance of the booking during the peak season, it will result in the Owner forfeiting half of the rental deposit.
- Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. on the first day of the reservation. Check out time is 12:00 noon on the last day of the reservation.
- Guests are not permitted to admit any non-resident into the building or Guest Suite unless the host resident is present with the admitted person(s) at all times. No person under the age of 15 years is permitted in the Guest Suite unless accompanied by a resident adult 19 years of age or older.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Guest Suite or common areas inside the building.
- Animals are not permitted in the Guest Suite (except guide dogs for the disabled).
- Cooking of any kind is not permitted in the Guest Suite.
- The contents of the Guest Suite must not be removed from the suite at any time. Owners renting the guest suite must provide their guests with bed linen and towels.
- Occupants are required to lock the door and turn off all lights at all times that they are not in the Guest Suite and to report any damage or serious problems to the Building Manager or by calling the after-hours emergency number posted on the manager's office door.
- Any resident or guest found to be in breach of the Guest Suite Rules will be subject to fines in accordance with the Strata Corporation Bylaws and / or may have their Guest Suite privileges revoked.